You’ve successfully managed your growth with minimal outside capital so far. But now you see an opportunity to accelerate growth—from scrappy startup to valuable enterprise.
Don’t let the latest headlines keep you from pursuing your goals. If any of these statements describe you and your company, then growth equity might be a good solution for your business:
- You run a growing technology business, particularly in an area with untapped market opportunity.
- You’re concerned that most of your wealth is tied up in a single asset and would like to diversify by taking liquidity today (while still participating in the huge upside you see in your business).
- You have other shareholders in the business that you want to buy out but lack the liquidity to do so.
Think growth equity may be a viable source of capital for your growing technology business? This guide is for you.
About the Guide
The state of the market may look gloomy thanks to recent headlines, but our data reveals that private markets can still flourish in this economy, with signs pointing to a higher demand for middle-market deals.
After all, growth equity and late-stage venture funds are deploying capital at a significantly faster pace than buyout funds. Growth stage funding has grown at a 22% CAGR from 2011-2021 which is 1.5x the buyout growth rate. And SaaS represents a key focus of growth investors, accounting for around 30% of total deal value in 2021.
Read our guide to learn more about the state of the market and find out:
- The typical deal structures to expect
- Deal terms that are important to evaluate and negotiate as part of any investment
- The pros and cons of raising growth capital for your business
- How to navigate the investment process on your own or with the help of an investment banker
Contact a partner at ScaleView Partners to learn how an investment banker can put you on the path to growth equity.